BackupAgent has released a new version of the APS package – version 1.1-4 - for provisioning services in Parallels Automation or other systems that can provision services from APSStandard.org.
This new version has a different way for providing storage to a customer and service users. This improvement was based on feedback from Parallels partners who are using our previous package (1.0) and were struggling with a correct way for upgrading storage of accounts.
NOTE: The new package requires BackupAgent Server v4.1.6 or higher.
This blog post explains how to migrate subscriptions to the new type of storage resource, which you have to do after installing the new package in a system that is running the previous version(s) of the package.
In case you install the BackupAgent APS Package v1.1-4, while your POA platform already has a v1.0 package installed, you need to execute some steps to upgrade subscriptions to the new version of the package. The 1.1 version of the package has a new type of resource for storage, which has to be included in the Service Templates.
- Browse to the BackupAgent application in Application manager and select it.
- Add the new Resource Type for the new BackupAgent storage. This is called 'Application Resource (KB)'
- Create and save the Resource Type
- Browse to Service Templates in POA Provisioning Manager
- Select the Service Template for current BackupAgent services.
- Deactivate the Service Template
- Add the new storage Resource Type to the Service Template. You can decide to set a per-customer limit to it.
- Save and activate the storage template
- Upgrade all existing BackupAgent subscriptions to v1.1-4. Make sure that the storage settings stay the same per Service User.